Mily Cooper Photography
Cake Smash Sessions
Mily Cooper Photography staff IS FULLY VACCINATED FOR COVID-19. Including the booster shots
Time flies and your little baby has officially become a toddler... !
What an exciting time, it definitely calls for a celebration and nothing better than a first taste of cake... but just a taste would not be fair.
Let's celebrate it with a Cake Smash !!!
I have several themes for boys and girls ready to go, props and decorations.
Whether you want something elaborate or simple, I'm here to work with you and prepare a very special session, never to be forgotten <3
Booking a Session
Please call me at 310.916.7145 or e-mail me at [email protected].
I will get back to you within 48 hours.
Packages & Pricing
Cake Smash Session
A super fun and special way to
celebrate your baby's first birthday !
Outfits and accessories available upon request
Short & Sweet - $499
45 minute session in studio
10 high resolution images
Cake provided by customer
Standard - $599
60 minute session in studio
15 high resolution digital images
Cake provided by customer.
Smash & Splash - $799
75 minute session in studio.
20 high resolution digital files
Fantasy Cake Smash - $999
90 minute session
Baby & Parents Portraits
25 high resolution digital files
Note: Cake is provided by customer.
I can recommend several bakers that I work with
but it is important that you provide the baker
information about your child's allergies as well
as desired flavor and cake look.
If you wanna build your own package,
you can add the following optionals to your package:
What is the Best Package for me
We offer 4 different packages for you:
Our “Short and Sweet” package lasts 30-45 minutes. We give the baby time to get familiar with me and my assistant, the environment, the lights. Then we proceed to sit the baby by the backdrop and place the cake in front of him/her. Once we bring in the cake, the cake smash takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
We let your baby set the pace, as some little ones dig right in and destroy the cake, and others need a little bit of encouragement and sometimes even help to get into their cake. Be ready to get your hands dirty and help your little one get past all that frosting to the cake underneath!
If you choose the Standard Package, before the cake smash portion, we will do baby portraits. You are welcome to borrow one or two of our baby outfits.
If you choose the "Smash and Splash", we will do baby portraits, cake smash and we will finish our session with a relaxing baby bath right.
If you choose the Fantasy Package, we will start our session with family and baby portraits. This takes about 20-25 minutes. This isn't a full family session because we do not want to get the baby tired for the cake smash.
Create your own Package - Optionals
You can add any of the following to
your "Short & sweet" package.
Retouched Digitals - $30 each
10 or more - $20 each
Set of Proofs - $250
(50-70 color corrected high resolution
Baby Bath - $200
(includes 5 additional digitals)
Portraits with Parents - $200
(includes 5 additional digitals)
8x8 Gorgeous Photo Album - $299
16x20 Gallery Canvas - $169
20x24 Gallery Canvas - $250
- Prices are subject to change at any time.
- A non-refundable deposit is required to guarantee your session date and time. It is due within two weeks of booking your session, and will be applied to your session fee. You must pay the required session deposit to lock in a rate and a date.
- Remaining payment is due on the day of the session. Cash, Venmo and Check Payments are OK.
- 9% CA tax is applicable to all product sales.
- Traveling fees apply for locations beyond 15 miles of Woodland Hills. I only travel up to 40 miles of Woodland Hills.
- The customer will be responsible for any fees required by a location of his choice (parking, entrance, etc.)
- Rescheduling requires a 72 hr. notice.
- All session fees, deposit and product orders are non-refundable.
Planning your Session
- Upon booking, I will get in touch with you to discuss my photography style, your preferences and your vision. We will talk about location studio vs. outdoors, theme, decorations, outfits for the baby, the decor, etc.
- It's also very important to think what do you want to do with your images? Where will you like to display them?
- Here's my portfolio, for ideas and themes:
Most popular girl themes are:
Unicorn & Rainbow, Glamour princess, Boho, Under the Sea / Mermaid, Merry Go Round, Spring Garden, Winter Wonderland, Butterflies, Donuts (do not grow up) etc,
Most popular boy themes are:
Where the Wild things are, Cat in the Hat, Mickey Mouse, Time flies (airplanes or hot air balloons), Cowboys, Baseball, Surfer boy, Dinosaurs, Jungle, Lion King, etc.
- Set up your session at a time that is convenient for the baby's schedule and he/she would be rested and relaxed.
- If you have toddlers or other small children, my recommendation is to leave them at home so you can really focus on the birthday baby.
- Bring comfortable clothes so you can really be there for your baby during the cake smash portion. If you are doing family portraits, keep it casual.
Choosing the right cake
Select a small cake or large cupcake, approximately 6-8 inches around. Due to concern for allergens, we do not is not provide the cake. I am happy to recommend some local bakers if you will not be making the cake yourself.
Whether you are making the cake, or having it made, please consider the following items:
- Please make sure that there are no fondant, gum paste or pearls on the cake as those can be choking hazards for the baby. Small sprinkles are okay.
- When ordering the cake, please mention to the baker it is for a Cake Smash session so they do not add any support inside the cake. (Sticks, toothpicks, tubs, etc.) When baby begins to smash the cake, they can get hurt by this.
- I recommend naked cakes as they have less frosting and more cake. Be sure the colors of the cake match the theme of the session, but try to keep the frosting very light.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator 2-3 hours before the session to allow the frosting to come to room temperature. That way the frosting is soft and easy for baby to destroy.
What to wear?
Because cake damages clothing, we can only lend outfits for the portraits portion of your session.
My advice is to choose the theme or color of your little one’s cake smash first, and then you can choose the outfit. Etsy is a wonderful resource for buying custom made outfits that will make this photo session memorable. Amazon is also a great choice. Please be sure to order the outfit with plenty of time prior to the session.
Parents: Dress comfortably as the cake smash could be your work out session of the week ;-)
If you will be in the pictures, bring another outfit for the cake smash as parents could get all covered in cake and you do not want to ruin your nice clothes.
I hope that your little one eats and destroys the cake.
That’s the whole point of this session, and most fun of the day. Depending on package, we will finish the session with a splash in a tub, so please bring a clean outfit for the ride home.
Things to bring
- Cake & topper
- Cake Smash Outfit
- 1 additional outfit for Baby as backup
- Change of clothes for parents, just in case
- Diapers & wipes
- Sippy cup to help wash down the cake or milk
- Wooden or plastic spoon. If baby does not like to get their hands dirty, they can still use the spoon to destroy the cake.
- Snacks (like cheerios or puffs) in case they don’t like the cake. I sometimes have to hide them in the back of the cake to make it look like your little one is actually eating cake.
After the Session
- Approximately 2 weeks after your photo session, you will receive a link to a private photo gallery and a password, to view your digital images. Your private gallery will be displayed here.
- Make your selections promptly. Your gallery will expire after 60 days from creation and all images will be stored and archived.
- Once the gallery has been closed there will be a $25 fee to upload your gallery for an additional 7 days.
- Most of my session packages include a predefined number of high resolution digital images, which I individually and carefully retouch myself.
- Additional digital images start at $35 for one and $150 for 5.
Prints and other products
- Prints are NOT included with any of these packages, unless specifically mentioned.
- It gives me great pride when you display my art in your walls. To encourage you to do so, the prices for my professional prints start at $24 for and 8x10 and $35 for an 11x14.
- I also offer ready to hang gallery canvas and board mounted prints of incredible quality.
- Remember if you pre-purchase print credits or print packages during booking, you will get a 20% discount.
Here is my complete Products Pricing Sheet
LOS ANGELES CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, WOODLAND HILLS CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, CALABASAS CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER,. ENCINO CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER,, WEST HILLS CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, AGOURA HILLS CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, OAK PARK CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, MALIBU CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER,. TARZANA CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER,, TOPANGA CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, SANTA MONICA CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, BURBANK CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, PASADENA CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER,. SIMI VALLEY CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER,, MOORPARK CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, LOS ANGELES BEST BABY PHOTOGRAPHER, LOS ANGELES BEST PHOTOGRAPHER, FIRST BIRTHDAY, SMASH CAKE, SITTER, BIG ONE, LOS ANGELES BEST CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, CAKE SMASH SESSION, MILESTONES, WATCH ME GROW, LOS ANGELES BABY PHOTOGRAPHER, WOODLAND HILLS BABY PHOTOGRAPHER, CALABASAS BABY PHOTOGRAPHER,. ENCINO BABY PHOTOGRAPHER,, WEST HILLS CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, AGOURA HILLS CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, OAK PARK CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, MALIBU CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER,. TARZANA CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER,, TOPANGA CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, SANTA MONICA CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, BURBANK CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, PASADENA CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER,. SIMI VALLEY CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER,, MOORPARK CAKE SMASH PHOTOGRAPHER, LOS ANGELES BEST BABY PHOTOGRAPHER, LOS ANGELES BEST PHOTOGRAPHER, FIRST BIRTHDAY, SMASH CAKE, Los Angeles Newborn Photographer, Conejo Valley Newborn Photographer, Woodland Hills Newborn Photographer, Ventura County newborn photographer, Calabasas Newborn Photographer, Thousand Oaks Newborn Photographer, Agoura Hills Newborn Photographer, Malibu Newborn Photographer, Encino Newborn Photographer, Burbank Newborn Photographer, Santa Monica Newborn Photographer. West Hills Newborn Photographer, Los Angeles Maternity Photographer, Conejo Valley Maternity Photographer, Woodland Hills Maternity Photographer, Ventura County Maternity photographer, Calabasas Maternity Photographer, Thousand Oaks Maternity Photographer, Agoura Hills Maternity Photographer, Malibu Maternity Photographer, Encino Maternity Photographer, Burbank Maternity Photographer, Santa Monica Maternity Photographer. West Hills Maternity Photographer., SItter, children milkbath photographer., Milestones